Monday, December 03, 2007

A Typical Sunday Afternoon

Liz: Hello?

Mike: Hi. I’m in produce.

Liz: I’m folding laundry. And watching TV. Hey, which one is Risky Business? Is it the one where Tom Cruise’s father is a coal miner, or the one where he runs a whorehouse while his parents are out of town?

Mike: Whorehouse.

Liz: Okay… that’s what I thought.

Mike: A lady by the orange display just gave me a dirty look.

Liz: WHOREHOUSE. Say it really loud this time.

Mike:
She’s walking away.

Liz: WHOREHOUSE, WHOREHOUSE.

Mike: What is wrong with you?

Liz: Two cups of coffee. I’m folding the laundry in record time.

Mike: I don't think his father is a coal miner.

Liz: Whose father?

Mike: Tom Cruise's father, in All the Right Moves.

Liz: All the Right Moves! Right. Did he work in a steel mill?

Mike: Yeah, I think so.

Liz: That must be it.

Mike:

Liz:

Mike:

Liz: Wait- why are you calling?

Mike: They don’t have the baby portobellos. You can have sliced, or caps.

Liz: Big slices, or little slices?

Mike: Big slices. Also, big caps.

Liz: Okay, get the big slices.

Mike: Also: herb salad blend, or mixed baby greens?

Liz:
Mixed baby greens. Definitely.

Mike:
Okay.

Liz: I have to go. It’s the part where he dances around in his underwear.

Mike:
I understand. I'll be home in a little while.

Liz: WHOREHOUSE.

Mike: I'm hanging up now.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger His suzy said...

I actually laughed out loud at the thought of Mike saying Whorehouse in the middle of produce. LOL

1:13 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Your phone calls with Mike in the grocery store make for the best blog reading! My favorite is the one where you both get cell phones for the first time and Mike is testing his out while at the - where else? - grocery store.

11:52 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Love you 'cell phone at the grocery store' blogs! I wish mine were that interesting. Maybe if I say WHOREHOUSE really loud next time!

3:11 AM  
Blogger TeacherBee said...

I've missed your phone conversations. Thanks for bringing them back!

4:59 AM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

I love these posts! Thanks for the laugh!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home