Monday, January 28, 2008

De-pommed



Remember that great hat that Bearette made for me? The warm, fuzzy one with a pompom on top? Alex really liked it, too. As soon as I removed it from the package, he rolled on it and kicked his fuzzy legs in the air (a move he reserves only for things he truly loves).

I've been meaning to tell you this for a while. The ugly carpet in the pictures belies the fact that this happened a while ago, but it's been hard to find a way to break the news.

My hat. It has been de-pommed.









I took it off one day after a walk with Alex, and he jumped up to bury his nose in it. So I put it on the floor for him while I went to the bathroom.

When I came back not three minutes later, I found him busily and quite happily deconstucting the hat. I guess I should have anticipated this, since the first thing he does with new toys (Chicky is exempt) is zestfully rip off any appendages.

"NOOOOOO!" I shrieked. "BAD!" Alex leapt away from it like it was on fire.

Just call me the Dog Whisperer.



He looks pretty remorseful, if you ask me.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Aww. He's such a cutie.

That yarn is really cool! I should use it again sometime. The brightness of the pom must have caught his eye.

8:56 AM  
Blogger Chrissy said...

i had a knitted hat shaped like a cupcake, with a cherry pom on top. my dog ate the cherry, but left the rest of the hat alone. obviously, we are dealing with a conspiracy here.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Smirking Cat said...

My cats prefer to destroy my plants and curtains, but I suspect the pom pom would closely resemble a cat toy to them too. Gotta love animals.

10:16 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

I love the guilty look on his face.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home