Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Questions

Today I was feeling stressed and overwhelmed and so I did what any normal person would do: I went out to a bakery and bought an apple tart. The clerk asked, “Would you like it warm, with whipped cream on top?” I said, “DEFINITELY YES.”

I so rarely leave my place of work during the day, I forget how healthy it can be to get out every once in a while. Breathing in the brisk, damp air and an apple tart worked wonders on my attitude. Would I feel as good if I’d told her to hold the whipped cream?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last night Mike and I ventured into what is usually dangerous territory… politics. We agree on lots of things, but cast the same votes in only a few elections. Last night we took this Select a Candidate quiz online and then compared our results. Amazingly, we ended up with the same top candidate. Anyone care to venture a guess as to who it was?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Miley Cyrus. I swear to god, before Christmas I'd never even heard of this girl and now I cannot escape her. WTF?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I forgot to tell you that Mike and I saw a movie a few days after Christmas. This is big news, because it’s the only one we saw in a theater in 2007. It was Juno, and I loved it. I have no idea if it’s even still in the theaters, but I highly recommend it. So go ahead and see it, unless you’re feeling weird about taking recommendations from someone who visits movie theaters an average of once a year. In that case, I will totally understand if you ignore me. Or have you already seen it? If so, what did you think?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a plethora of leftovers in my fridge, mainly due to my recent inability to like a food for more than ten minutes. I’ve got quinoa salad with spinach and dried cherries, vegetarian shepherd’s pie with mashed garlic-basil sweet potatoes on top, a bit of sloppy joe topping (but no avocados), half a pan of veggie lasagna, and if you hurry, Mike may have left some of the butternut squash-red pepper casserole. It’s all homemade and tastes really good, I promise, but I can’t even look at most of it. Tonight I plan to eat an Amy’s Organic frozen burrito, if I still want it by the time I get home. So, do you want to come over for dinner?

Maybe I’ll skip dinner, actually. All I can think about is that apple tart, which (sadly) is no more.

Labels:

14 Comments:

Anonymous j.m. tewkesbury said...

No, because pastries are always better with whipped cream, so going without would have been unsatisfying.

Barack Obama (I have no clue really. I just took a shot in the dark.)

Never heard of her. Assume by your reaction to her pervasiveness that this is a good thing in my life.

Haven't seen Juno yet. It's on my list of must-see movies. I've only good things about it. Nice to have the endorsement of someone I respect (that would be you, by the way.)

Would love to come over for dinner, but I'm still sick and would hate to share that with someone I've never met in person. Funny how sometimes leftovers are a good thing and other times they're just so unappealing.

3:29 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I should have had an apple tart yesterday. Totally had a mini-breakdown....I went and got my hair cut instead, though. :)

My guess is for Hillary.

My niece got a Hannah Montana doll for Christmas, and I said, "Why does she have blonde hair?" not realizing that when Miley Cyrus turns into Hannah Montana, her hair goes blonde. Yeah. Way too much information about a topic I care absolutely nothing about.

I'm DYING to see Juno. Saw 27 Dresses a couple weeks ago, and it was cute.

(we still need to have our book club, btw....) Maybe it will get me back to blogging! I need inspiration!

3:36 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

go get another apple tart for dinner.

What? it's fruit.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Mmmmm. A warm apple tart sounds really good. But getting one would involve venturing back out into the artic blizzard that started about two hours ago, so . . .

I would guess McCain.

Seriously? What is up with Miley Cyrus?

I saw Juno about a month ago and loved it. So cute and funny and sweet. I would guess that it is probably back in theaters (if it ever left) to capitalize on its Oscar noms.

So what time should I be there? I'll bring the wine!

4:49 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I liked Juno. I did think she was a bit of a wise-ass, though. I guess that was the point.

Sounds like you should have another apple tart tomorrow. :) "Whipped cream, but only if it's real. If it's out of the can, then nothing."

I'm guessing Hillary or Barack.

4:57 PM  
Blogger Iamthebookworm said...

That apple tart sounds SO good. So do your leftovers. I'll take them if you don't want them!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Personally I'm not a whip cream type person (at least, not on food :P ). But if it made you happy today, I'd say get another tomorrow.

Hillary?

We've lucked out and Miley Cyrus has not invaded our household even though we have a 10 year old girl living in it. The Jonas Brothers on the other hand.... (I can handle them though)

I've been waiting for Juno to hit the $1 theater. I'm too cheap to pay full price to see anything anymore.

Man, now I'm hungry. Not only do I want an apple tart, but ALL of your leftovers sounds delish. It beats anything that I have in the fridge right now.

12:31 AM  
Blogger kj said...

hello liz! it's nice to snuggle into your way of seeing the little world.

i'll bet i know which candidate you and mike chose. i'll bet it's not barack obama...

:)

1:04 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

On an equally unrelated note, guess what is premiering at the Guthrie Theatre in MLPS/St. Paul?????

Little House on the Prairie the musical!!!!

Heard it on the radio this morning. They have a national tour planned.

And it's based on the books, not the TV show. All the better. Not that I didn't love the TV show. I still watch it when home sick.

Thought you'd be interested!

9:44 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Betsy- eeeee! I'm not a big fan of musicals, but bet your bottom dollar that I'd pay to see that one. :)

It almost makes me brave enough to travel to MN in January. Almost.

Bdogg- road trip? :D

11:32 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

Oh, I believe it is this summer.

Here is a link to a article in the paper.

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/onstage/11822806.html

I'm not a huge theatre fan in general, but I think I will be heading up for that one!

3:49 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Woman, I am still waiting for your iTune choices!

12:57 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

10:09 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

I'm using a wooden swear, here, but HECK yes, that would be an awesome road trip!! :)

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home