Thursday, January 10, 2008

Uh... take that!

I think I upset a taxi driver on my way home from the grocery store today. I didn't do anything wrong (as far as I know), but after he pulled up behind me I happened to glance at the rearview mirror and he was making faces at me.

Maybe I'm just paranoid, perhaps his antics had nothing to do with me, but I'm almost positive I was meant to see it. The weirdest part was this fish face that he kept making, pursing his lips and flapping his hands on the sides of his face like they were fins.

Is this some new insult? Has the good old-fashioned bird-flip gone the way of the dinosaurs? Or do I just look like a Subaru-driving fish?

Anyway, if this is a move I should consider adding to my repertoire, please inform soonest. Thanks.

Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Maybe he was telling you he thought you were hot in fish-speak??

:P

4:30 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

maybe he just went off his meds...

7:03 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Well. That's a new one.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

He was just giving you 'The Fish'. Or maybe he's practicing for tryouts to be in the musical The Little Mermaid (did you hear it's on Broadway?).

10:35 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Perhaps he's telling you he's a fish out of water and could you assist in throwing him back in the water?

Weird.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Jonathan said...

the mating ritual of the taxi driver ....?

2:09 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Never heard of it...never seen it.

11:57 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

Perhaps he is from another country and that is their national sign for "You have superb driving skills."

9:21 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

Was he Middle Eastern?? I beleive that's their mating ritual so if you see it again, STAY IN YOUR CAR!!!

BTW, Your 'word verification' thing is an actual word!! TUFRBPU is a word, right?? I used it in scrabble the other night!! ;)

2:21 PM  
Blogger GDad said...

I'm convinced that taxis give off insanity fumes or rays. I've never encountered a taxi driver that was completely sane.

5:00 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

ROFLMAO, great visual of the taxi driver.

I have no clue with the fish thing.

7:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home