Thursday, February 07, 2008

"Baby fish mouth! Baby fish mouth!"





2 + PINK + LINES = YES, I'M PREGNANT



I thought the Pictionary clues would be so obvious! And yet even Bearette, who already knew I was pregnant, didn't get it. I should have just gone with my original idea, since you guys like our weekly grocery store phone conversations so much.


Scene:
The grocery store


Liz: Hello?

Mike: Hey, it's me.

Liz: I know. What, is the garlic looking terrible again this week?

Mike: No, I'm way past produce. I'm already in dairy.

Liz: Record time!

Mike: You think speed shopping is hot, don't you?

Liz: Obviously.

Mike: Well, I was getting your Stonyfield organic yogurts when I noticed that they also make a special yogurt for pregnant women.

Liz: Special yogurt?

Mike: Yeah. It's called Yo Mommy.

Liz: (sputtering laughter) Yo Mommy?

Mike: Yeah.

Liz: You are joking.

Mike: No, I'm not. It has added DHA and folic acid.

Liz: (howling) Yo, Mommy! Yo, Adrian!

Mike: It also has extra Vitamin D.

Liz: They should have called it Yo Mama, and then they could have printed a yo mama joke on the bottom of each lid!

Mike:

Liz: Yo mama's so skinny, she swallowed a meatball and thought she was pregnant!

Mike: It think it's obvious why they didn't go with that marketing strategy.

Liz: Hhhhhhaaaaahahahahahahahahaaaaa.......

Mike: So do you want some, or not?

Liz: (wiping eyes) Well, I guess you should get it, since I'm pregnant and all.


I'm around 11 weeks. We heard a nice, strong heartbeat on Monday and I officially lifted the gag order. By dinner time, Mike had notified the entire tri-state area and most of New Jersey.

We are thrilled. More details to come. :)

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Congratulations!

I got stuck on the two dots---Eyes? A lazy colon? Scantron answer sheet?

10:01 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I think I'm just really bad at Pictionary. When I showed D, he got it immediately.

Apparently that actress can't go down the street without people yelling, "Yo, Adrian!" I saw it in Wikipedia ;) (I just saw Rocky for the first time recently...)

11:08 AM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

OMG!! Congratulations!

I swear, there must be something in the water up in the Northeast. I might have to come for a visit. :)

You know, I saw the picture initially and was all, "wtf?" but about five minutes ago I started thinking, "I bet she's pregnant."

I swear I'm psychic. :P

I am so happy for you!!!!!!!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

That yogurt looks really good, actually. I like your marketing strategy but can see why it wasn't implemented ;) It would make shopping for yogurt more entertaining.

11:26 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

*I* got it. do i get to name the baby or something then? :)

oh, and wait til you taste the YoBaby yogurt - YUM.

12:01 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Congratulations!!! That's so exciting! :)

I thought the yogurt name was a joke too, until I saw the picture. lol

8:26 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Yeah! Congratulations!

So, $50 question here: What does Alex think? Did he have any say in this new venture? 'Cause ya know, you gotta nip that sibling rivalry thing in the bud before it takes hold...

:-)

Congrats again to you and Mike!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Zen Master said...

Congratulations!

I was surprised. The picture didn't load for me and bearette's was the only comment when I stopped by.

I thought it was a plate of cookies or something. lol

12:26 AM  
Blogger Frema said...

I'm so happy for you guys, and also for me, because I love reading about all things pregnancy, and seeing as you're one of my favorite bloggers, I know you'll do it up right. :)

Can't wait to hear more.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Teacher Bee said...

Congratulations, yo mommy!

5:29 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Yes, Babel and Frema got it. I should have mentioned that. It's also worth noting that both women have given birth within the last two months, so maybe they're super-attuned to Pictionary clues of this sort. :D

Thanks, everyone.

1:04 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

bdogg- you should come for a visit! Then we can go to MN for the Little House musical. ;)

1:04 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Babel- you can name the baby, but only if it's not Yo Baby.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Oh this made me laugh so hard! Please, somebody out there make Yo Mama yogurt with jokes under the lids.

Congratulations!

1:23 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Congratulations, Liz!!! Very awesome! Something must be going around in the "blog world" - first Bearette and then you!

10:22 AM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!! Sorry I'm late getting to hear the news but that's the story of my life!! Congratulations!! I heard the news from my parents who live in South Jersey!!

That yogurt is too funny but it does look like something you should be eating.

And..... We DO love the grocery store phone conversations!!

Congrats again!!

1:30 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

CONGRATULATIONS!

I used to buy the YoBaby yogurt for my daughter. Yo Baby, you're looking good!

How exciting, I get to read about your and Bearette's bumps growing. All the fun of pregnancy without having to do it myself. (My 39th birthday is coming up so I'm too old.) Babies, yay!

11:50 PM  
Blogger kj said...

YIPEE!!!!

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

GAH!!!!! This is SOOOOOOOO exciting!!!!!!!! Congratulations!

And you do realize that I will want to be sending you a gift at some point.

1:04 PM  
Blogger nejyerf said...

i might not have got the pictionary clues but i totally got the babyfishmouth reference!!

how long have you been waiting to use babyfishmouth in a blog?

congratulation and well done you!

1:13 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks, all!

Betsy- if you need some gift ideas, I especially love mint-condition '65 Ford Mustang convertibles. ;)

2:53 PM  
Blogger Gig said...

And,Yo!

Did you also realize there's a product called YoBaby, intended to be baby's first food? (Hey, it's never too early to plan ahead.)
You should be subscribing to Stonyfield Farm's Baby Babble Blog:
http://stonyfield.typepad.com/babybabble/

Loved the phone script.

Signed,
Chris Halvorson
"Chief Blogger"
Stonyfield Farm
Congratulations!

4:15 PM  
Blogger katze said...

Yay!! Congratulations!

6:03 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

Thank you for the grocery shopping conversation. I was getting withdrawal symptoms.

9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home