Thursday, March 20, 2008

best friend

I am sick, heaving and gasping, head hanging limply over the toilet bowl. Eventually my watery eyes open and there is his fuzzy face next to mine, chin on the toilet seat, eyes full of concern.


Are you okay?


I'm okay.


I'm just asking because this is not what you're usually doing at 11:12 p.m.


I’ll be fine. It’s just the baby.


What baby?


It'll be at least a year in dog time before it get here. Don't worry.


Will it be scary, like thunder and garbage trucks?


Probably. But it will throw food on the floor. You'll like that.


Should I get the saltines?


That would be lovely.


Can I have one?


Just a half.


Okay. By the way, you look great right now. You always look great. You tell the best jokes and play the best tug-of-war and are the best belly scratcher in the world!


You're not so bad yourself.



Labels:

11 Comments:

Blogger Teacher Bee said...

I was lost for a moment, but then I caught on. I can be slow sometimes.

8:37 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Aww :) I liked the affirmative response to the "Will it be scary?" question.

9:52 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I'm sure Alex will be the bestest food cleaner upper ever!

I hope he doesn't have to accompany you at the toilet bowl for too much longer. :(

11:51 PM  
Blogger Sweet Irene said...

That's so sweet, it leaves me a little speechless.

12:10 AM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Ooooh. Alex is the best. :-)

8:57 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Awwww, sweet Alex.

(Nice hardwood floors, btw!)

12:35 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

Oh! You made me all teary! Animals are the best.

And I, too, am loving those floors!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Awww, I love this post.

1:41 PM  
Blogger Elsa said...

Aw...that's so sweet!!

12:08 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

So glad Alex took care of you!! Did he hold your forehead while you barfed!! GOOD DOG!!!

Hope you feel better soon!!!!

12:23 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

hee hee... what a darling sweet puppy. I hope mine are as loving when and if I ever am preggers.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home