Monday, April 28, 2008

fashion show


Here I am, at 22.5 weeks. Here I'm modeling my current favorite chilly-day outfit, because it's super-soft and does not bind in any way. Top is Old Navy Maternity from Mike's cousin and the pants were a gift from Babelbabe. And oh, how I love those pants.

Can you guess which side of the bed is mine? Hmm, let's see... closest to the bathroom? Check. Stacks of library books? Check. Humidifier and giant bottle of Aveeno hand lotion for the hydrationally-challenged? Double-check. Also, in the blue glass picture frame is not a picture of Mike and I, as you might suspect, but a picture of me squatting next to a giant pig.

I have a thing for animals in general, but I really like pigs.

So when I found out I was having a boy I just had to make a trip to Target to look at all the boy-specific items. As KJ warned, the boys get the short end of the stick when it comes to imaginative outfits. It's all t-shirts that proclaim DADDY'S LITTLE HELLRAISER and LADIES MAN, which I am no more likely to buy than the pink, sparkly girls' onesies that say PRETTY PRINCESS.

Maybe I'm looking something with a more productive, positive message, like GIVE PEAS A CHANCE or LOVE DESERVES EQUAL RIGHTS?

I was also warned repeatedly not to buy a bunch of baby stuff, assuming that we'll be receiving lots of clothing as baby gifts. Heck, what do I mean, "assuming"? I called my mom on her cell phone the other day, expecting her to be at work, and I caught her in the baby department at Belk's. SHE EVEN BOUGHT A CHRISTMAS OUTFIT ON SALE LAST DECEMBER, when I was approximately two minutes pregnant.

So I thought I would just buy one cute little hat with a puppy on the front.



One little hat is okay, right?

And then Bearette send me this hat, which is even better because she made it with her own hands, whereas I just paid the nice man for mine and put it in my purse:


I asked the lion to model so you could get a feel for how it would look on a baby.

And finally, just so Alex doesn't feel left out, here is a picture that is terrible in quality but makes me laugh all the same. Mike and I met my brother and his fiancee for brunch at Evening Star Cafe a couple of weeks ago (they were in town for a wedding) and I just had to stop at the posh dog boutique next door and buy Alex a two-dollar dog treat, much to Mike's horror.

Alex was riveted as soon as he caught a whiff of the bag.

Apparently it tasted as good as it looked.

Labels: ,

11 Comments:

Blogger His suzy said...

Your bump is so cute!! And you really do look very comfy in that outfit.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

That is a yummy-looking dog treat!

Yup, the baby boy section at Old Navy is much smaller than the baby girl section, but I have found some cute stuff there - a onesie that says "charming" and other that says "chicks dig me" with pictures of yellow, fluffy chicks.

8:29 PM  
Blogger bdogg_mcgee said...

You look beautiful!

Your side of the bed is EXACTLY like mine - I have a mountain of library books and ones I bought but haven't read yet piled helter skelter all over my nightstand....

9:00 PM  
Blogger Kerry said...

Yes, I always thought that baby boys got the shaft in the imaginative clothes department. Sometimes if you shop online you can find more interesting things, thankfully.

1:22 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

see, but one hat is a warm-day hat and one is a cooler/windier-day hat. it's all good.

i loved those pants too - most comfy maternity pants EVER.

6:03 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

oh, and re: your previous post about stranger comments - you're teeny to start with. i guess i've never seen a pic before so didn't realize how teeny you were originally, pre-pregnancy.

so ignore all the morons, you look wonderful.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

What a cute bump! Isn't it hard to not go shopping for every cute boy thing under the sun?

Every time I see one of those fancy dog treats in the store, I'm tempted to bite into one. Well, except for the fact that it's probably bacon or liver flavored.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Ooooh! That dog treat looks like it was worth the two dollas. Kinda like the $5 milkshake in Pulp Fiction... : )

2:43 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

In the interest of full disclosure, I have to say that this picture does not adequately portray how huge my boobs have gotten. They actually look quite petite here, which makes me happy.

I won't say what size I am, but let's just say that when I had to go for the latest round of bra-purchasing, I wondered if the store even carried that size.

Thankfully, they did.

Okay, men, you can take your fingers out of your ears now.

8:27 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

And yes, that dog treat looked and smelled wonderful. I was tempted to take a small bite for myself, but Alex seemed desperate to get the whole thing in his mouth ASAP.

If you're local and you want to buy your dog a two-dollar dog treat, too, it's Barkley Square Gourmet Dog Bakery & Boutique in Del Ray, Alexandria.

8:32 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Yay, a belly pic. You definitely look like you're carrying a boy. It's the low belly.

You look great.

10:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home