Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Definitely destined for librarianship

Scene:
The family room. Liz is online and Mike is testing all our pens so we can throw out the ones that no longer work. This is all part of the never-ending process called Simplifying Our Lives Before the Baby Comes.



Mike: What's the Thrifty Nickel?

Liz: The Thrifty Nickel? I have no idea. Sounds like a thrift store.

Mike: Well, we're the proud owners of a Thrifty Nickel pen.

Liz: Does it work?

Mike: No.

Liz: Figures.

********

Liz: Oh, it looks like the Thrifty Nickel is a publication, kind of like the PennySaver.

Mike: (laughing) You actually researched the Thrifty Nickel?

Liz: I can't not know things.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Cleaning out pens...I'm impressed :) He will have the clearest nest ever!

11:19 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

I use google for just about everything, too. I love being able to answer all those previously unanswerable questions. :)

11:32 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

There were so many unanswered questions before the internet!

1:15 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

I've seen the thrifty nickel in the central valley area of CA. It's better than the pennysaver.

I use google when my kids ask those pesky science questions.

4:53 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

The pen reduction was initiated because the baby's room used to be the office and we're relocating everything that was in there. You don't realize how much stuff you have until you try to move it!

The internet is great, but I do confess to missing many of those old reference books that are becoming unnecessary...:)

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home