Monday, June 02, 2008

Indiana who?

In line for Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull at the Island Roxy.


Liz: Will I be completely lost if I've never seen any of the other Indiana Jones movies?

Mike: You've never seen any of them?

Liz: No.

Mike: Wow... I didn't know that. You're practically unAmerican.

Liz: I like movies about real things.

Mike: You like depressing movies.

Liz: You admitted that you liked Steel Magnolias.

Mike: I like the part in the cemetary.

Liz: "I just wanna hit someone until they feel as bad as I do!" "Here, M'Lynn, hit Ouiser! Go on, slap her!"

Mike: Are you high, Clarice?

Liz: "Ouiser, this is your chance to do something for your fellow man! Go ahead, M'Lynn, KNOCK HER LIGHTS OUT!"

Mike: Okay, so Harrison Ford is an archaeologist and blah blah blah...

Liz: You're losing me already.

Mike: Okay...

Liz: Let's start with something simple.

Mike: Sure.

Liz: What's Harrison Ford's name in the movie?

Mike: (stares)

Liz: What?

(guy in line ahead of us turns to stare at me, too)

Mike: (through sputtering laughter) INDIANA JONES IS HIS NAME.

Liz: No, I know that! (to guy in front of us) I knew that! But Indiana Jones is obviously a nickname, right? I want to know what his real name is.

Mike: (wiping a tear from his eye) Okay. His real name is Henry.

Liz: Thank you. Wasn't that his name in Romancing the Stone, too? Funny... his name is Henry in two movies where he gets chased by boulders.

(guy in front turns around again)

Liz: What now?

Mike: (crying again) Harrison Ford wasn't in Romancing the Stone. It was Michael Douglas, and his name was Jack. And I don't think he got chased by any boulders.

Liz: Well, you can see why I might get confused... they both wear hats.

Mike:

Liz:

Mike: Maybe you should just... stand in line and not talk for a while.

Liz: Agreed.

Labels: , ,

11 Comments:

Blogger Caro said...

Thanks for the chuckle. I'm surprised the guy in the line held in his laughter so well. :-)

Don't worry. There's so many movies I haven't seen and I've never watched Sex In The City.

Sad, huh?

1:43 PM  
Blogger Teacher Bee said...

That's pretty funny. I haven't seen the new Indiana Jones movie either, but some women at a luncheon today were discussing it and apparently those crystal skulls are real? Legend is that in 2012 the world is going to end unless all 13 crystal skulls are reunited. This almost makes me want to see the movie now. Almost.

7:34 PM  
Blogger Teacher Bee said...

Oh, and I had always thought Shirley Maclaine's character was Weezer. I've seen that movie a million times and never knew it was Ouiser!

7:36 PM  
Anonymous Frema said...

Harrison Ford HAS been in two movies where his name was Henry. Regarding Henry is the other one. So be sure to tell Mike you're not crazy!

I love it when you "diablog." :)

7:28 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Caro- I am definitely not the person to call others "sad" for not seeing popular films and TV shows. Now tell me you've never seen Lost or Grey's Anatomy and I'll feel even better!

Teach- I know, right? You'd never know it was spelled that way. Maybe Shelby's name is actually spelled S-c-h-e-l-l-b-e-y.

Diablog! Oh, Frema- you are far cleverer than I.

And Regarding Henry may have been the movie I was thinking of... except I'm fairly certain THAT Henry never wore a hat or got chased by a boulder.

9:13 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I just watched Steel Magnolias again the other night! Yeah, that scene at the cemetary is pretty great. :)

You and Mike just have some hilarious conversations. lol

1:46 PM  
Blogger D.C. Confidential said...

Too, too funny! Poor Mike! I wonder if he was looking at you and thinking to himself, "Who did I marry and how did I not know this about Liz before marrying her?"

Everything I've heard about the latest iteration of Indiana Jones says, "Don't waste your money or time." That said, you should at least see the first and third installments. They're classics and quite funny. The second one was just wack-o weird cultish, but Kate Kapshaw had a few good lines.

3:34 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Liz - I have never seen Lost or Grey's Anatomy of the Office.

I'm too busy getting sucked up by the internet.

8:09 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

i expect nothing more from a woman who doesn't LIKE THE PRINCESS BRIDE.

10:10 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

So.... Did you like it?? I did!

5:40 PM  
Blogger Elle said...

I hardly ever comment on blogs, but my goodness you had me laughing outloud... I even got a little teary eyed, but I do cry easily :)

8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home