Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Head down!

The baby is indeed in the preferred position. The ultrasound tech tried valiantly to get a good picture of his face, but it wasn't easy, since he's pretty well down there and things are a bit crowded now. I was actually a little sore afterward, because she really had to be aggressive with the wand to get the pictures they needed.

Not that the picture of his face was necessary- that was purely for entertainment purposes.

In case you can't tell, his face is on the left and his hand is covering part of it, just to the side of his nose. Feel free to ignore everything on the right, as I have no idea what that is. According to my dad, it looks like my hip bone and part of my spine.

I'll take his word for it unless you have a better guess.

They took some more pictures of the calcification on his liver, and we'll find out more at our next midwife appointment. I'm not thinking about it too much anymore. It didn't look like it had gotten bigger, although we've already established that I'm an ultrasound interpretation moron, so what do I know?

I recently dreamed that my son was four years old already. He was sitting on the kitchen counter while I showed him how to make scrambled eggs.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

that's good because you can't start them too young making their own breakfast.

8:22 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Wow, i didn't know they were all mushed up against the hipbone like that. i think your dad is right, though - that's what it looks like.

9:29 PM  
Anonymous Frema said...

What a cutie he is!

9:51 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

*sigh*

Not too much longer until he can move around a lot more and with bigger gestures! And cry. And poop. And cause you all sorts of worry and joy.

How exciting! I found the following quote about parenthood when I was reading last night, and I thought there was a lot of truth in it.

"The days are long, but the years are short."

10:20 AM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Well, hello there, baby!!

That's a really good quote from Betsy. Just a few nights ago we were counting down how many summers we have left before Nate is out of high school (so we can plan vacations). It's two, by the way. :(

3:11 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I know this isn't actually the case, but the way that sonogram picture is, it looks like his arm stops after his wrist. lol

3:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home