Friday, July 18, 2008

zzzzzzzzzz

Mike had to get up at 4:00 this morning to drive his mom and her husband to the airport. So guess who also got up at 4 a.m.?

Alex! Because 4 a.m. is the perfect time to party!

The plan was for Mike to get up and quietly exit the room, closing the door behind him and leaving Alex to slumber away at the foot of the bed. Instead, the second the door shut, Alex leapt to the floor and started... I don't know, Hammer dancing, or whatever dogs do when they think no one is watching. His collar jingled loudly as he raced back and forth across the room, commando-crawled the rug, and scratched at the door.

I know he's just a dog and he can't tell time. What he knows is that Mike is usually the one who takes him out for a walk first thing in the morning, so if Mike is getting up, IT MUST BE TIME TO START THE DAY, and starting the day is his FAVORITE THING!

Whenever I get up first and try to get Alex to come downstairs, even if it's as late as 8 a.m., he grunts at me and flips onto his back, legs splayed, so the ceiling fan can blow his belly hair.

I'm a little offended. And I can only think that pretty soon there will be THREE boys in the house, all lying on the bed under the ceiling fan while I poke and prod and try to get one of them to go get a facial with me.


Mike is picking me up from work later today so we can go get another ultrasound. This one is unexpected, and we're getting it largely because three midwives in a row are not completely positive that the baby is head-down. They're pretty sure, but apparently he's in some contorted yoga position and they hear the heartbeat over here which seems to indicate that his chest should be there, too, yet I think this is his bum is over here and the fact that his feet are way up there doesn't make any sense, WHAT IS THIS CHILD DOING?

Also, my abdominal muslces are still tight, which makes it harder for them to feel anything. Don't worry, I'm not expecting this to last much longer, this prancing around in my muscle shirt begging people to bounce quarters off of my abs.


34 weeks. Muscle Beach, here I come.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bethany said...

Alex looks like such a baby in that video!

10:15 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

damn babies, always doing sun salutation and such in utero.

and TELL ME about the boy thing. i feel like i live in a freaking fraternity house. With marginally (MARGINALLY) less sticky floors.

in fact one of my boys yesterday told me, giggling, that his penis looked like a hammerhead shark (don't ask). I had an alarming feeling of deja vu...

10:23 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I always love your Alex stories and photos!

Good luck with the ultrasound! :)

10:57 AM  
Blogger Ashley Beth said...

I've decided that the "hummer dance" is their excitement to wake up and realize they're a dog again. Not only that - A dog in THIS HOUSE! It's a glorious day to be dog!

I hope your ultrasound went well!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

He sounds very flexible, that boy of yours, all the better to kick you in all your major organs.

3:23 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Which a face like that, who could be upset? Alex is just too adorable for words! As for David Beckham, hope all is well there.

9:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home