Monday, August 18, 2008

80% effaced, 1 cm dilated

A quick update, since every move I make (or don't make) has people gasping, "Are you in labor?!"

I have learned to preface every phone call with, "I'M NOT IN LABOR." The other morning I called my mom and was uttering those exact words as I heard my dad exclaim in the background, "IS SHE IN LABOR?"

Of course, they're more interested than most, since my mom is hoping to be here for the birth and if the baby comes early, she's got her suitcase packed and will immediately jump into the car for the 12-hour drive. She's got directions to the hospital and the phone number and knows which floor L&D is on- we are PREPARED.

So, anyway, I'm not in labor. I'm still going to work every day, where people eye me fearfully. Mike and I hit some garage sales on Saturday morning to scavenge for baby clothes, and he got a taste of what I hear 10 million times a day:

"You don't look 38 weeks!"

"You're so tiny!"

"That baby is REALLY LOW. Must by a boy/girl/alien."

"You'll go into labor on Saturday- there's a full moon."

"You must be having a girl- I can tell by your facial structure."

(on that last one- WTF??)

Anyhow, we wait. I'm feeling good and we're excited. Stay tuned. :)

Labels:

8 Comments:

Blogger Roxanne said...

I just got back from vacation last night, but I was not about to ask the question. I'm glad you posted an update though. :)

1:13 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Facial structure determines gender?! Wha...??? That's the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

Here's to exciting days ahead!

2:54 PM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

maybe they meant weight gain? who the hell knows - people say the stupidest things to pregnant women.

i have two big boxes of 3-6 month clothes to ship off to you, that Porkers has outgrown....

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

Gah! Anxiously awaiting baby updates!

8:15 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I have no idea what facial structure would have to do with being pregnant. Or anything else except for how it makes your skin sit on your face. lol

10:00 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Well you could be in labor right now as I type this! One never knows.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

It's true. Do you wake up every morning wondering it's going to happen? I did.

12:06 PM  
Blogger R U Serious?? said...

ARE YOU IN...... nevermind!

BTW, there is no sound more distinctive the sound of a pre-puking dog!! I NEVER get there in time!!! And they ALWAYS miss the tile and opt for the carpet!

Sorry I haven't been around. I have been terrible!! I'll do better!! Promise!!

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home