Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A promise

I can't chat for long, but I wanted to let you know that I'll do my best to post here when I go into labor. Because that's the kind of Internet friend I am, see? I'll post that the contractions are coming, oh yes they are, and then I'll let you sit for a day or two and freak out while you wait for the birth announcement.

It's the least I can do.

Between the impending birth, my parents dealing with Hurricane Fay in Florida, and my sister's accident last night, this is too much excitement for one family! (my sis had just returned to her apartment building in Brooklyn and carried her bike up to the third floor when she lost her balance and fell backwards down the stairs, breaking her arm and several bones in one foot. Some of you may remember that my brother was hit by a cab while biking in Manhattan a while back. Perhaps bikes and my family don't mix? Just to be safe- I will not get on a bike today.)

Later.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Thanks for letting us know, or "thank you for being a friend" (to the tune of the Golden Girls theme song).

Yeah, bikes seem like bad news! I hope your sister is doing ok.

4:23 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

What? No bike riding? You wimp. ;)

Seriously, I hope your sister recovers okay. She has some Auntie duties to fulfill after all.

In my family we have a history of falling off of roofs. Thankfully I've never joined in on the fun.

9:08 AM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Good Lord! I hope your sister is okay. What a pain. A broken arm and a broken foot? How is she going to handle getting around?

Hope your parents are okay, too. Sounds like Fay really dumped on the Sunshine State.

11:57 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you do know how to post from your cell phone, yes?

(I am kidding.)

(Sort of.)

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home