Thursday, August 28, 2008

There's no bumper sticker for this one



I GOT MY MEMBRANES SWEPT IN VIRGINIA!



90% effaced, still 1 cm dilated.

The midwife swept my membranes this morning, and the whole time I had to fight the urge to call her Sensei.


Kreese: Sweep the leg.

Johnny: (looks almost capable of human emotion)

Kreese: DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

Johnny: No, Sensei!

Kreese: NO MERCY.


Yes, it was as uncomfortable as they say, but compared to what I'll feel later, it was downright enjoyable. So I enjoyed the sweeping of my membranes as much as one is capable of enjoying such a thing.

39 weeks and 6 days.

NO MERCY.

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

thank you for defining that! i had no idea what it was.

11:03 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I'd never heard of it, so that link was helpful for me too.

Maybe you should start a bumper sticker business while you wait for the baby. lol

12:24 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

You must have a very hospitable womb. He doesn't want to leave.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Hehe...I guess that's the opposite of a hostile womb. Monica had one on Friends.

2:44 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

We could certainly make a bumper sticker for this. Or perhaps a button. It would be a great conversation starter. Or ender.

5:31 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Where's the baby?!?

6:18 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Ahem, tapping fingers here.

9:30 PM  
Blogger Bethany said...

Are you still here? Friday's come and gone...

9:47 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

C'mon you're killing us!

9:45 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

WHERE IS THAT BABY???

8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home