Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Going Nuts

So maybe I'm giving too much credit to a fairly stupid animal, but I swear that a squirrel is playing head games with my dog. He's been stalking our house for three days now, and his favorite move is to jump up on the railing of the front steps, in EXACTLY the spot he needs to be for my dog to see him through the window, and then proceeds to screech wildly and whip his tail in frenzied circles.

This drives Alex to spinning in frenzied circles and growling very menacingly, and if I were a squirrel I'd probably be frightened, though somehow I suspect that this squirrel understands the concept of windows as barriers and knows the dog can't get to him. Of course, this usually happens at the exact moment that I'm trying to create a peaceful nursing environment in the living room.

This happened again just a few minutes ago, except this time the squirrel upped the ante by taunting Alex while he had a huge nut stuffed in his mouth, as if to say, Ha ha ha, don't you wish YOU had a nut, too?

And Alex stared sadly out the window as though remembering that he used to have two nuts, actually, until his mean owners told the vet to cut them off.

And how are you today? Tell me you've brushed your teeth and I'll be totally jealous.
What? You brushed your hair, too? Calm down, you OVERACHIEVER- it's only 11:30 in the afternoon!



Onesie courtesy of Babelbabe. ;)

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

That looks like an Ergo insert he's lying on :)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

It gets better. Eventually, you will be able to take a shower every few days and brush your teeth the same. ;)

1:22 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I must be a super overachiever because not only did I shower and brush my teeth yesterday, but I even got my hair cut!

That doesn't sound like such an achievement when you don't have a new baby to take care of. lol

2:32 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

What a gorgeous pic of an obviously contented little boy.

The nut comment made me LOL. Squirrels are evil.

4:40 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I don't think you should ever underestimate a DC squirrel. They are crazy.

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home