Monday, November 24, 2008

Thankful

Internet, I am taking a break. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but at the very least I'm going to enjoy my last week of maternity leave and my baby and spend as little time on the computer as possible. I'm also going to enjoy Thanksgiving, even though there will be 13 people in my house for dinner. I know! We were going to scale back this year and yet... huh. That didn't happen. At least I managed to swallow my [very large, bulky] pride and allow people to bring some of the food, which means that I will not have to spend all day in the kitchen.

This year it's pretty obvious what I'm most thankful for: my beautiful son, who was only a dream at this time last year. Life with him is better than I ever could have imagined.

I'll leave you with his smile and a wish for a wonderful Thanksgiving. May your plate be full and your heart happy.



Labels: ,

8 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

Sweet pic. Be back soon!

Word verif = diperbul

10:09 AM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Liz, Mike, and Lion!

1:15 PM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Such a cute smile! I'm sure Lion will enjoy getting loved on this Thanksgiving.

Have a great week, a wonderful Thanksgiving, and we'll see you 'round the bend! :)

3:29 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Too cute! Have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

5:27 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Same to you too!

I bet you won't see your son at all over the weekend except when he needs his next meal. ;)

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

yup, still cute.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

He has the best grin.

8:02 PM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

I came here via KJ's blog because the picture of your dog tugged at my heart. He looks exactly like my first dog, Curly. My protector, confident ( I could tell him anything) and the main reason I dedicated my entire life to animal care. My father was brutal to him, yet Curly never left his side. Curly and I would hide in the back of the big closet whenever my father would beat my mother. That would be every night.
Anyway, it's like Curly jumped right out at me from your avatar. I really enjoyed the visit with him. Thank you ;)

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home