Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Yank Yer Noodle

Last night I was bouncing Lion on my knee and singing Yankee Doodle. Or trying to, rather. I guess I haven't attempted to recall the lyrics to this song for a long, long time, for this is what came out of my mouth:


Yankee Doodle went to town
Riding a big pony
Stuck a feather in his hat
And called it macaroni

Yankee Doodle keep it up!
Yankee Doodle dandy!
Keep it up and keep it up
And let the girls be handy!


Mike burst into laughter.

Liz: What?

Mike: What was that?

Liz: I know I didn't get all the words right. How does it go?

Mike: I don't know, but yours sounded like the raunchy version.

Liz: Huh?

Mike: Riding a big pony? Keep it up and keep it up? Let the girls be handy?

Liz: Oh.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger His suzy said...

I don't remember that second part for sure either, but I don't think you're too far off. Maybe the founding fathers were more perverted than we give them credit for? lol

10:49 AM  
Blogger BabelBabe said...

you need to learn a new song. like this one of which I am totally enamored:
http://flotsamblog.com/2008/10/29/no-more-swaddle-my-mother-is-a-witch-and-other-headlines/

(scroll down)

and the Flying V jammies are SO lion's as soon as Q outgrows 'em!

1:57 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

heh...i just got the title of this post.

4:51 PM  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

it's like a part of my childhood innocence was shattered.

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home