Thursday, February 05, 2009

I am dead serious.

1. How do you accomplish grocery shopping with your baby when he a) has outgrown the infant carseat that could easily be transfered from car to shopping cart, b) is not yet steady enough to sit up in the front of the cart, and c) is not liking the Ergo baby carrier these days?

2. I was just looking through my recipe box and just now noticed (after 10 years of owning and using said box) that there is a section for recipes beginning with "Mc". There's J, K, L, M, and Mc. WTF? PLEASE- I would love for someone to name one recipe that starts with "Mc". If you can, I will immediately print it out and add it to the box, even if I will never, ever cook it, just because that empty section is suddenly driving me crazy.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

McChicken-and-Noodle Stew

McZucchini Sautee with lemon Zest

McGoddess Dressing

McPoached Salmon with Garlic

does your grocery store have the carts with the reclining sort of seats you can strap him into? That worked for me for about 2 weeks, until he was big enough to sit up front. Soon I will simply send him alone to do the grocery shopping. What? He's the one who eats all the freaking bananas anyway.

9:49 AM  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

McPizza.

10:35 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

Maybe it's for any recipe's that are named after someone, like McDougle's Clam Chowder? I don't actually have any recipe's you could put there, though.

Word verification: preme (aka: before I was myself. lol)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Okay- challenge #1 has been met! BB- no, the carts don't have reclining seats. Too bad- then maybe he could have napped while I shopped. Once we got inside, I put him in the seat and stuffed my coat on one side of him and the Ergo on the other side. That kept him upright and he was happy because he could see everything. Of course, my scarf is now soaking wet from his gnawing, but I digress.

Re: challenge #2- you guys are total McCHEATERS. Thank you, SUZY, for being the only one to take my problem seriously.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Sasha said...

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=1892388&page=1

Check this out... it's supposed to be a healthier version. lol

1:54 PM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

Maybe a McIntosh apple cobbler?

3:47 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

babel- wait, are you talking about those huge shopping carts for kids that have a race car-like thing on the front? I plan to keep those out of his sight for as long as possible. they look like a big pain in the ass.

6:27 PM  
Anonymous Jonathan said...

Um.....no MC's on All Recipes. Although there are several pages of uses for macaroni ...... How about a M'Caroni?

8:49 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

nice try, J. ;)

4:58 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

McNuggets clone recipe? McMacPaddyWhack stew?

Okay I'm tired. I give up.

It didn't matter how I went shopping with my babies. I was allowed 2.3 seconds in the store before the screaming commenced.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home