Thursday, February 19, 2009

What happened to my tiny baby?

I've been giving Lion rice cereal mixed with breastmilk once a day for the past week. He gets more and more in his stomach each time, but he loves to bite down on the spoon with his two little bottom teeth and grin at me. He also likes to grab the spoon from me and put it in his mouth. Mike thought maybe he was trying to feed himself, but Lion puts his own toes in his mouth, if you know what I mean. I figure he has a 50/50 chance of choosing the right end of the spoon, so he looks smarter than he really is. :) I now use two spoons when I feed him, so that when he grabs one, I can use the other to sneak the cereal into his mouth.

This morning I had to put a 12-month onesie on him, which makes me wonder if those sizes on the tags are ever accurate (Lion will be six months in 2 weeks). Most of the moms I know say their babies wear larger sizes. He's not a very fat baby, though he was in the 90th percentile for height and weight at all of his check-ups and I still call him Chub-Chub (I have my parents saying it, too... Mike says we'll have to stop so he doesn't get a complex). It's his length that tends to be problematic. He may have plenty of side-to-side room in a 6-month outfit, but I can barely snap the crotch closed. I do have a couple of those garment extenders, which are great, but they don't work with all onesies.

I'm a big fan of his BabyLegs leg warmers. I bought a couple pairs for fun, but they've turned out to be really useful, especially in these colder months. They keep his legs warm when his pants are too short. They're also good for when we put him in the stroller or the Ergo carrier, as the pants always seem to ride up. The women at his daycare think they are hilarious and want to know if he has any off-the-shoulder shirts.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

E's been wearing 12-month onesies for a while. He's a big one (23 lbs). But still no teeth!!!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

L was 18 pounds at the end of January, so we'll see what happens at his 6-month check-up.

I wish his teeth hadn't come so early. I have to be really vigilant now, to make sure he doesn't bite me when nursing. I have a feeling the top ones are not far off...

3:39 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

my co-worker's daughter is a year old and still doesn't have any teeth...

3:44 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

Those leg warmers are too cute! Now I wish my kids were little again (okay...maybe no). Both of my kids were always too tall for their size of clothing.

11:51 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

Mine were always off the charts tall also. It's hard to dress them.

He's a maniac maniac on the floor. Couldn't resist.

11:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home