Thursday, March 12, 2009

Good morning

When the baby woke at 5 a.m. this morning, I stumbled into his room and nursed him, then tried to get him back to sleep. Even though he was clearly tired, he fussed and grumbled and flipped onto his belly, then onto his back, then onto his belly again. He whipped his tiger blanket from side to side. He looked up at me with sleepy eyes and furrowed brow, like, "HELP."

So I picked him up and carried him to my bed, which we almost never do, but I was so tired and he was so tired and it seemed like the right thing to do. And together we drifted off to sleep, and we didn't wake up until 8:30. When he opened his eyes and saw me there, he smiled.

Good morning.

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Bearette24 said...

It's nice to see a baby smile in the morning :)

Also, I know it's controversial and can't be done forever, but I'm mostly a fan of co-sleeping.

12:29 PM  
Blogger Roxanne said...

What a wonderful way to wake up. :)

I was also a fan of co-sleeping. I'm also a fan of staying out of the bedrooms of others and letting them decide what's right for their family (with the exception of waterbeds...that's just dumb).

1:03 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

I'm not opposed to co-sleeping, but I usually don't sleep well when L's in the bed. I guess I just have to be tired enough...

9:45 AM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

What a nice way to greet the day!

6:35 PM  
Blogger kj said...

aaaawwwh. i love this.

11:04 PM  
Blogger Caro said...

It's good cuddling weather. My kids have been in my bed too!

12:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home