Thursday, March 19, 2009

This one is a bit too full-bodied, but has a nice finish

Okay, I already mentioned this one a while back, but I really do love bumGenius diapers. We've only had a couple of leaks in several months, one of which happened recently when Lion took a huge dump while he was bouncing in the doorway jumper. In all fairness, there was really nowhere else for the poop to go but down into the leg of his footie pajamas (score one for the cold of winter- a onesie would have been far more disastrous). Imagine squeezing a full tube of toothpaste with brute force over and over again. Get it? Or... is this maybe too much for you?

If you will henceforth not be able to brush your teeth without thinking of my kid's poop, I apologize.

(that's another book-thing I wanted to try when I was a kid. Remember when Ramona Quimby squeezed out an entire tube of toothpaste? When I read that, my eyes got huge and I sucked in my breath, because how could it be that another girl had the exact same idea?)

(except I knew my father would kill me, so for me, sadly, it remained a dream)

I'd also like to give two thumbs way up to PJ at Birth and Baby. We all know of the breastfeeding troubles I had after Lion's birth. One of my problems was not having a comfortable nursing bra that fit. I had a hard time finding a store close to my house with a good selection and a knowledgeable sales person who could fit me properly. I was also in a good amount of pain and didn't relish the idea of a bra fitting, even though I desperately needed one.

Birth and Baby was a godsend. I followed PJ's instructions for measuring myself (gingerly, in the comfort and privacy of my own home) and she gave me advice over the phone on which bras she thought would be best for me. Shipping costs only $1 per order, no matter how many you select, and she encourages you to order lots so you can try them on and return anything you don't want. This woman knows her product. After receiving the first shipment, I called her and we talked about which ones worked and which ones didn't, and why. Based on what I told her, she made further recommendations for brands, types, and sizes.

Thanks to her, I was soon comfortable for the first time in weeks.

And now for something that doesn't involve children or poop or bras: WINE. Go out and find yourself a Banrock Station 2007 Cabernet Sauvignon. It's a delicious everyday wine, and retails for around $8 per bottle.

You're welcome.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger His suzy said...

That's a use for a onesie that I'd never thought of before.

10:51 AM  
Blogger Lisa said...

I actually changed a few diapers this week, and I wasn't as grossed out as I thought I would be. I guess having to scoop puppy poop has prepared me. But my nephew has the loudest poops---it sounds like the flush of an airplane toilet! We never have to guess whether he has a poopy diaper.

9:55 PM  
Blogger Suse said...

How excellent to see you promoting an Australian wine. And environmentally friendly one too (their wine making practises are sustainable, their containers recyclable and there was a time when you received a packet of Australian wildflower seeds every time you purchased a bottle. Not sure if they still do that).

5:04 AM  
Blogger Suse said...

See how I managed a whole comment yet avoided buying into the baby poo conversation? Neat.

5:05 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

suzy- yeah. Onesies have also served as bibs and burp cloths in our house.

lisa- I was never grossed out until L started solids... that significantly changes the... er.. matter.

suse- I was drooling over their website and all the beautiful pictures... I wish I could come for a tasting! we talked about a trip to Australia last year but went to Ireland instead. I guess we were in the mood for stout.

9:19 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

Isn't it amazing how much somebody so small can poop?

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home