Friday, May 29, 2009

Excuses

Hello there! It's me. I meant to call or stop by, but obviously, I didn't.

First, I seem to have been sick for a solid month. I thought I was finally feeling better last Friday, except for this nagging, dry cough, and then I completely lost my voice the next morning. After not being able to speak for three days, I developed a hacking cough, the kind that keeps you up all night, makes your eyes water, and forces your lungs up into the space where your brain once resided. Of course, I had dinner with Bdogg last Friday night and told her that I was simply tired (which wasn't a lie; see below), so if you haven't heard from her in a while it may be because I infected her with the plague. So sorry, Bdogg.

My body might have a chance of healing itself if I could get more than two hours of sleep at a time. Poor Lion had an ear infection, then his top two teeth broke through, followed by a third on the bottom, and it looks like there are more on the way. Like, SOON. I guess he takes after me in that he'd rather get something difficult over with in one fell swoop? Send bibs; we are drowning in drool over here.

In other Lion news, he started crawling last week and is getting faster and more self-destructive by the hour. Forget the nice, safe toys Mama scattered around the room- I'm heading straight for that power cord! And the stairs! And then I'll repeatedly aim my eyeball at that sharp, sharp cabinet corner. My god, our house is full of sharp corners I never noticed before. It's a miracle we've all survived this long.

Lion woke up this morning with what appeared to be insect bites. Lots of them. They're either insect bites or... chicken pox? Either way, the daycare won't take him unless we have a note from the doctor saying he doesn't have chicken pox.

So I'm waiting for the pediatrician's office to open. And also for the exterminator, because we might have termites. Do termites also eat baby flesh?

In case you were wondering, I will definitely be going naked to the wedding. Unless I die first.

Labels: , , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger BabelBabe said...

chicken pox sucks. my 6yo got them even after his vaccinations. doesn't that make you feel better?

is it possible it's just hives? Terzo breaks out in those, for no discernible reason, at the drop of a hat.

9:58 AM  
Blogger Liz said...

Just back from the ped. They think it's a side effect of the antibiotic he's on for his ear infection. Poor kid.

10:27 AM  
Blogger His suzy said...

I hope you BOTH feel better soon!!

11:17 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

yikes...feel better, both of you...

4:54 PM  
Anonymous Betsy said...

It's just one thing after another, isn't it?

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home