Thursday, November 05, 2009

I can't argue with that.

Me: I bought a new song on iTunes today.

Mike: Which one?

Me: That Las Vegas song.

Mike: Dean Martin?

Me: No, it's a new one. It's something like, that's what you get for waking up in Vegas...

Mike: (laughs) Are you supposed to throw your arms around while singing it?

Me: I'm waking up, see? Stretching. But in Vegas, so I'm also wearing a feathered boa.

Mike: Are you sure they wear feathered boas in Vegas?

Me: I think they do.

Mike: I've never heard that song.

Me: Here, I'll play it for you.

Mike: (listens for a minute, trying not to roll his eyes) That's Katy Perry. The same one who sings that song about I kissed a girl and I think I liked it.

Me: Oh, really? Well, I like it! It'll be a good song for jogging.

Mike: This is like when you were obsessed with that Avril Lavigne song.

Me: Only for exercising. It was peppy.

Mike: Do you hear what she's singing about?

Me: Las Vegas.

Mike: Yes. And she lost her fake ID, and she's wearing some guy's class ring.

Me: You're saying I'm too old to listen to angst-ridden songs involving fake IDs and class rings?

Mike: You said it, not me.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Frema said...

I'm not a fan of Katy Perry. But I do have to admit that I bought the new Miley Cyrus song from iTunes tonight (for running purposes only!), so I'm right in the gutter with you.

I do love your chats with Mike!

2:21 AM  
Blogger Caro said...

It's a catchy tune.

And, like Frema, I once purchased a Miley Cyrus song for running to. Shhhh, don't tell.

11:23 AM  
Anonymous Frema said...

If this were Facebook, I'd be poking you right about now. :)

7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home