Wednesday, December 02, 2009

A family that pukes together stays together.

Hi, everyone. I haven't felt much like blogging these days. It's one part illness, one part shitty economy and two parts delicious little boy who takes up much of my time when I'm home. I'm not sure how much longer I'll have these 2.5 days at home with him each week, so I'm trying to make the most of them.

On the other hand, I could end up being home every day of the week. Who knows.

But what I do know is that once I get online, time starts sliding by and suddenly the twenty minute limit I've set for myself has turned into an hour and a half. And my blinds are too damn dusty/my bedroom is too damn messy/ my sink it too damn full of dirty dishes to be spending that much time online.

My toilets, on the other hand, are sparkling clean at the moment. Come quick!

Those of you who are Facebook friends saw that we we've been dealing with various illnesses for a while now. First Lion was sick with some kind of upper respiratory infection. Then I got a stomach bug (am I the only one who can't help but calculate how long it's been since I last vomited, even as I'm hanging over the toilet bowl? Me: Wow, I haven't thrown up since I was in labor, so it's been approximately one year, two months, three weeks, and six days. Stomach: you're way overdue, bitch. TAKE THAT!), and Mike came down with the same thing. Thank god his mom doesn't live far away and isn't afraid of a little puke, because I was so weak I couldn't even think about Lion without feeling dizzy.

Tired and weak but on a nearly 48-hour no-puking streak, we disinfected the house just in time for my parents, my grandmother, and my sister to arrive a few days before Thanksgiving. They were the only house guests, but we had 14 people for dinner. It went swimmingly.

But that night, disaster struck again. First my sister started throwing up, followed by my father, and then most regrettably of all, my mom. My mom has some health conditions that make it very dangerous for her to be throwing up, and I ended up having to speed her to the ER early Friday morning. On the way to the hospital, the sun not even a hint in the sky yet, I was amazed by all the traffic. Then I realized it was Black Friday.

Indeed.

So we spent the rest of our days restocking the ginger ale supply and cleaning toilets and using Lysol disinfecting wipes on every surface imaginable. The silver lining is that no one else who was at my house for Thanksgiving dinner got sick, including my 90-something grandmother and my 14-month-old son.

So I'm sure you can understand that I'm a little tired. I'm fine, just considerably rumpled in spirit (to quote Anne of Green Gables) (I think).

More soon.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger This suzy said...

That doesn't exactly make for a wonderful Thanksgiving, does it? I'm glad you're all on the mend, though!

9:08 PM  
Blogger Liz said...

Thanks. Thanksgiving dinner itself was very nice. If three more of us had to get sick, at least it happened after we'd all enjoyed the day together.

11:45 AM  
Blogger Bearette24 said...

I can see why you would be rumpled in spirit after that. I hope you have healthy times ahead.

12:17 PM  
Blogger J.M. Tewkesbury said...

Oy. That's rough. Here I was commiserating about the fact that we were invited to THREE Thanksgiving dinners and I now no longer fit in my pants. I think a puke-a-thon is far worse. Hope everyone is feeling better now, esp. your mom.

2:13 PM  
Anonymous オテモヤン said...

オナニー
逆援助
SEX
フェラチオ
ソープ
逆援助
出張ホスト
手コキ
おっぱい
フェラチオ
中出し
セックス
デリヘル
包茎
逆援
性欲

12:22 PM  
Blogger MIKE said...

We would like to do an interview with you

about your blog for Blog
Interviewer. We'd
like to give you the opportunity to
give us some insight on the "person behind

the blog."

It would just take a few minutes of your

time. The interview form can
be submitted online here Submit your
interview
.

Best regards,

11:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home